Anyinginyi’s Strategic Plan guides the direction and outlines performance areas for the organisation.
The six priorities of the 2020 – 2022 Strategic Plan are:
1. Cultural responsiveness and community engagement
As an Aboriginal community controlled health service, we will listen to the community and always show respect for culture and cultural practices.
2. Strong governance and leadership
We will continue to build upon our reputation as a professional, well managed organisation.
3. High-quality, holistic primary health care
We will offer high quality, comprehensive primary health care services to support our clients’ physical and social and emotional wellbeing in a way that supports them to take responsibility for their own health.
4. Opportunity for our staff and the community
We will support all our staff to be the best they can be, including through providing employment for Aboriginal people and supporting them to be leaders within our organisation.
5. Tackling Aboriginal disadvantage
We will continue to be a voice for the community and to work with others to address the intergenerational disadvantage carried by the Aboriginal people and families of the Barkly.
6. Sustainability and innovation
We will try new ways of delivering our services and running our organisation, while ensuring that Anyinginyi continues to operate from a sustainable and stable base.
Our Guiding Principles
In implementing our Strategic Plan, we are guided by the following principles:
- Social justice
- Empowering individuals to take reasonable responsibility for their health
- Assisting to address the social determinants that contribute to the poor health status of many local people
- Community engagement and empowerment
- Focus on clients
- Cultural responsiveness
- Respect for ourselves and all people
- Respect community autonomy
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people working together as one team
- Quality relationships, internally and externally
- Development opportunities for staff
- Effective communications
- Financially responsible
- Outcomes focused
- High quality reporting, internally and externally