Tackling Indigenous Smoking
The Tackling Indigenous Smoking (TIS) Program is a targeted initiative funded by the Australian Government. Its aim is to reduce smoking rates among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Anyinginyi run the TIS program across the Barkly region.
The TIS team:
- raises residents’ awareness of the major negative health effects of smoking, chewing tobacco and second-hand smoking.
- delivers appropriate holistic education sessions to schools and community groups
- provides support to individuals who want to break the habit
- provides referral pathways to relevant services for individuals
- promotes smoke-free homes, cars and workplaces.
For further information or support contact the TIS team today. Text QUIT to 0438 923 985 and a TIS worker will contact you!