School based Apprenticeships
- POSITION NO: S&R 12 13 POSITION DESCRIPTION REVIEWED: April 2019
- REPORTS TO: Sport & Rec Section Manager and through them to the General Manager.
- LEVEL: Admin Level 1.1 – 1.5 ($43,347 – $46,286) per annum. If employed on casual basis + 25% in lieu of leave entitlements.
- CONDITIONS: 9.5% employer superannuation
- All other terms and conditions of employment are as per the Anyinginyi Employee Agreement 2017 – 2020.
- Relocation: Relocation does not come with this position, employed locally.
- Accommodation: Accommodation does not come with this position, employed locally
- Hours of Duty: Weekly roster between 3pm – 8.00pm in conjunction with the Section Manager, with 1-hour lunch break. Weekend work may occur on odd occasions.
This position is an identified Aboriginal position under Section 57 of the NT Anti-Discrimination Act, 1994.
Primary Objectives / Outline
The Sport and Recreation – Apprentice will work under the supervision and guidance of the Section Manager. The Apprentice must also be aware and adhere to appropriate policies and procedures that are implemented to ensure protection, safety and welfare of all visitors with a particular emphasis on young people (person under 18 years).
- Read and sign off on S&R Procedures on how to carry out daily tasks.
- To support the Sports and Recreation Manager and Sports and Recreation Officers in fulfilling their duties required for operations of the Sports and Recreation Centre.
- Develop good, friendly working relations with all clients and be aware of culturally appropriate conduct regarding Aboriginal clients.
- Promote and reinforce the Centre theme of “Our Centre is a friendly and safe place for all those to enjoy themselves.”
- Assist with the facilitating of the after-school activities program and plan appropriately
- Assist with maintaining and cleaning of gym equipment
- Assist with developing, planning and facilitating social sports
- Ensuring that sport and rec areas are clean before and after activities and/or programs
- Process application forms and assist in maintaining and monitoring records – including memberships, expiries, cancellations, customer complaints and current events.
- Cash handling and customer service as requested.
- Other duties as delegated by Section Manager.
For a copy of the job advertisement and job description please email email@example.com or phone 08 8962 2633
These positions are designated Indigenous under Section 57 of the NT Anti-Discrimination Act. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.