Anyinginyi is governed by an Aboriginal Board. The Board performs its duties with the support of management and staff, in line with the objectives of our constitution and relevant Commonwealth and Territory laws. The Board also regularly consult with members of the community.
We recognise culture is intrinsic to achieving health education and change in Aboriginal people. We operate within a Cultural Framework that supports a cultural environment.
The Anyinginyi Board aims to:
- embed cultural responsiveness and behaviours into operational and employee functions
- have clear objectives and functions understood by members
- be made up of directors who are representative of various interest groups while balanced with the skills required for good governance
- show transparency in structure and decision making
- implement evidenced-based goals and strategies
- invest in resources that are responsive to community needs.